About the Course:
Intended for artists at every level of ability and experience. This is a non-judgemental course that offers instruction and critique in an effort to build a community of artists who support each other and improve in a fun and friendly environment.
- Classes will begin with instructor Demo and conversation and end with group critiques.
- What We Provide: Drawing horses, boards and easels.
- What you Provide: Your own drawing supplies and a good attitude.
Course Fees: There will be eight (8) sessions. Participants must commit to at least four (4) sessions.
- Advanced Payment is required for this course to assure that models are paid. Payments may be arranged at the Center for the Arts Box Office or by calling: 607-749-4900
- $15 per drawing session per participant.
- All sessions begin promptly at 7:00pm
About the Instructor:
Matthew Warfield Cincotta is a 2000 graduate of Homer High School. He went on to Syracuse University where he received the highest award in his BFA Illustration program, graduating Magna Cum Laude. Combining his passions for art and education, he studied at RIT and graduated Summa Cum Laude with his Masters in Education.
Over the last 14 years he has worked at East Syracuse Minoa Central High School, becoming the youngest K-12 Department Chair and AP instructor in district history. His students have won several national gold medals from the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards as well as receiving college credit from the AP College Board. In 2015, one of his students was one of sixteen worldwide to receive a perfect score on her AP Portfolio.
Continuing his personal work, Matthew has published book cover illustrations and won awards showing his work in galleries and universities across the country.